Monday 29 June 2009

endofmondaysortof

Today has gone by in a wonderful unproductive blur...

I DID fill out our visa forms and sent them off after much faffing (they are very faff-inducing documents) so now can sit and wait in quiet fear until our passports are duly returned in the next couple of weeks. Not lost, returned. Not stolen in the post, returned. And not returned without a visa stamp, but with visa stamp. In time for us leaving. Thank you Indian visa office.

I also did some work! For, ahhhh, the last 10 minutes.

I also made some lunch of beans on toast and read a lot of nonsense on the internet and found a maternity bikini I like the look of for when in India. Is a tankini actually, so as not to offend the local population too much with my fecundity. It's a bit 'not done', but then I will only get my tum out in a place where bikinis are tolerated - the local expat pool. I know, but we all need a break from pretending to love our fieldwork and all the cultural rules and personality restraints that come with it sometimes.

I will work so much better tomorrow. Well I will work now until 5.30pm when I shall slope off with a disproportionate (well, completely false and unearned) sense of a job well done. I am just like that today, kind of upbeat and unflappable. Ridiculously positive. Must be hormones.

I am very excited because DB is off out to play tennis tonight which means I get to hang around and chat to Bean and watch all the tele I like, at a volume that pleases me and fidget away and lie down on the big settee. And eat whenever and whatever I please. Sometimes it just is lovely to be alone. DF works constantly on his laptop in the living room, tutting and frowning and pulling faces at his screen like a troll in a space that I like to think of as somewhere to go to 'relax'. Fat chance with all that going on, it makes me quite tense. I need a tv in the bedroom, then I needn't hardly leave the top floor of our house OR interact with my beloved. Faintly depressing but... ahhh, my own tele.

Hehe. I am so proud of him really, I know he doesn't want to work constantly and it bores him to death, he only does it for us. I do look forward to Bean kicking him out by screaming constantly so he has to get an office though. So he can leave his inner troll at the office and come home and be lovely and sunny like he is when he is on holiday seeing his mates in cornwall. Lovely.

Oh well, better release my own inner troll and do some of that work!

x J

No comments: