Tuesday 20 December 2011

Back to the grindstone

Aw, oone of my colleagues has sent his thesis off to be bound today!  He must be having the best lie in EVER!  Good for him :0)  Is inspiring but a bit depressing too - I feel so far away from that!

But I know that is because I haven't looked at my work since Wednesday.  Bean's birthday was on Thursday and was the Best Day, we took him to an aquarium and he nearly peed his pants (er, nappy?!) with excitement!  Brilliant. 

This week I am super keen to complete this chapter, in any form, rough first draft will do.  I have today, tomorrow and Thursday, then on friday night we are off to the South to spend xmas with the in laws.  DB is off for that week so I am keen to be able to spend it with him and Bean, maybe go away somewhere, and not be feeling wretched about work.  I could do with some time off after this chapter anyway so I can come back to it fresh, edit it and then send it to my Sup and start on my discussion chapter.

Still rather amused at my epiphany of 'don't get it right get it written' that made me get writer's block.  Hehe!  the thought of 'just write it' made me unable to write!  silly me.

I found another motto that I quite like, apparently from churchill that is 'if you are in hell, just keep going'.  Tis true - at some point you will come out of the other side.

Onwards and upwards!

x J

No comments: