Wednesday 14 December 2011

Madness

I haven't done any work again today!

I have gone MAD! 

Today I have faffed, avoided work like the plague, changed bedding, taken delivery of internet shopping and baked my wee boy a choccy cake for his beeday tomorrow.  I think I am feeling a bit holiday-ish to be honest.  My xmas pressies are arriving thick and fast, the weather is hideous and it is my boy's birthday tomorrow and I can't WAIT!  We are taking him to his first aquarium where I expect him to pee his pants with excitement at all the fish and water and colours, which invariably means it will be met with a 'meh' at best ;0)

I dunno.  Just being really, really naughty.

I will work sometime soon I promise.  Maybe friday night.  I have extended my deadline for this chapter to Christmas - which starts Friday week here as we are travelling down south to be with the in-laws.  My own darling family are still not talkng to me for my wedding choices!  Bad rabbit.  But I am working the week between xmas and new year and may end up also doing this chapter then too as I can't imagine starting a new one when all drunk and festive...

Anyway, even though I keep trying to frighten myself again I can't, I am ignoring myself.  Is so stupid as I know I am setting myself up for massive stress in the future but then again, at the mo I just can't help but be ok about it all!

I'll try and work tonight.  Although I shan't because I have presents to wrap, a cake to decorate, friends coming over for tea (literally tea, not dinner) and balloons to blow up.

Excited!

x J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jayney, I so love your blog! You make me feel so good about myself! Every time I sit fretting and beating myself up about doing sod all YET AGAIN I read your blog and feel less of a freak. I always wonder how it is that I simply cannot focus or, quite frankly, cannot be arsed much of the time, when everyone else seems to be beavering away perfectly happily. Like you my brain appears to have gone seemlessly from procrastination mode into holiday mode. A tad unhelpful yes, but as the 'official' holiday is finally approaching I can at last be justified in no longer trying to fight it. So now it's no longer 'Oh, not to worry, I'll do it tomorrow instead' but 'Oh, not to worry, I'll do it next year instead.' :) One day I shall burn in hell for my sins lol.
B x

Numpty said...

hehe! we are all the same really. Dinnae fret B indeed, when you are running out of time that will be the kick up the bum you will need. Endless hours are the enemy of productivity. When you are in a pinch you will be surprised at how much you can do! ;0)

have a lovely holiday season and new year!
x J