Saturday 31 December 2011

mitigating stress

I know!  Already!  I only just posted!

Procrastinating hard, I went downstairs to make myself a hot cup of coffee (I already had one cup ut it was lukewarm...  just won't do!) and all of a sudden was overcome by adrenaline/stress/anxiety!  Soooo I did some star jumps to try and get rid of the tension, which has worked well, and had a wee pep talk to myself.  I do always get stressy as I am finishing a big piece of work - just really really tense and shaky!  Is all very exciting and a Big Deal so I get a bit het up.  Anyway, I am a bit like that so I thought well, I should jsut aim to get this chapter finished asap in whatever form I can!  Don't spend hours editing and slaving over a sentence - that is what March and April are for!  This is my first draft, it is a coherent display of my ideas for my Sup to read and for me re-write a million times.  So not to sweat the editing today!  I am going to just blast through it and add in my theory quotes where I feel is best (no faffing and perfectionism!) and then read it quickly and see if it makes sense.  If it does then I shall leave it for today because that is enough I think.  Tues I can do the same again but more carefully and then send it off and start planning the discussion chapter!

I love the beginning of planning chapters.  Brainstorming and being creative.  Colourful pens and big pieces of paper...  It's trying to shape it into an academic essay that kills me ;0)

SO don't sweat it.

Am also very distracted because it is New Years Eve!  DB is cooking a fancy dinner for us all and we shall have cava and jager bombs (jagermeister and red bull cocktail!) and baileys.  Just us two in the kitchen, seeing as we have a Bean asleeping.  It will be nice and silly.  And I am overwhelmed by the fact that 2012 is my PhD finishing year!  So so so so so so excited!  In fact I just opened and wrote it on my new calender.  I get my doctorate this year!  And hopefully a new baby and start a whole new life!

WHOOOOOPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

x J

Ps.  Whoopppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: