Wednesday 21 December 2011

Durrrrr

Arg I have spent the day bogged down in detail AGAIN.  Why can't I just get on with it?!  I seem to be unable to write unless it is right.  D'oh.

My sup has just send me a book pdf that is exactly on my topic.  I have to read it asap.  I am reluctant, I HATE reading stuff on my topic, it scares the life out of me.  I would much rather bury my head in the sand and just write my thesis now.  I would lol but I am not in the mood!

I have so much to do, so little time, and seemingly, so little ability.  Yes, I am blue about it all again.  god I HATE this PhD.

I am going to get my bubs then make biscuits with him (how, I am sooo mardy) and when DB comes home come back to work asap.  I just don't know what I am doing and I won't be able to sleep until I have sorted this out!  Ug but I need a holiday.  My brain is frying and my stress levels are uppity up up.  I am going to have my walk to get the bean and have a good talk to myself and try and put this whole thing into perspective.  I mean, it is jsut a piece of work, right?  it isn't worth losing your mind (or health) over is it?  Just do a little at a time, work on a sentence here and there and don't worry so much.

Really, it isn't a big deal and remember NO ONE EVEN KNOWS THIS WORK EXISTS.  IT WILL NEVER BE READ BY ANYONE BUT YOU AND YOUR EXAMINERS.  IT IS JUST A BIG OL' ESSAY. 

Don't sweat it.

Better now.  God I'm good.

x J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dissertation agony. I am in the process of wrapping up the whole thing. And yet I am growing increasingly resentful and angry. I just spent 10 minutes screaming and cursing in the shower. I cannot wait for this to be over.

Numpty said...

It's ok. It's only work, please don't stress too much. It will be over soon...
x J