Thursday 1 December 2011

A Tribulation!

Oh happy day!  Oh happy couple of days!  And happy xmas season!  Love chrimbo me, especially with a two year old ;0)

I have been working really, really hard.  My eyes are itchy with tiredness, but happy tiredness.  I am ploughing on in the knowledge that it is only for three months, then I can sleep for two weeks ;0)  I am definitely booking a weekend away with my DB (sans child?!) when I have handed in my first draft.  Definitely.  A posh weekend.  Jacuzzi, bathrobe and tele weekend.

I worked Tuesday night in front of the tv, so didn't get much done.  Worked really hard yesterday while bean was at the childminders and got back to it at 6.30 until frozen planet was on at 9pm (love it).  Have started writing my new chapter but still need to do a bit more reading and then it should be tip-top.  Reading all my old theory notes has really upped my standard and am talking like a PhD student again :0)  I ALSO *drum roll pleeeeeeeassssseeeee* worked out my actual, complete, and total thesis yesterday.  I knew most if it but then, in a flash, the final piece of the jigsaw slotted into place and now I have an A4 piece of paper with lots of writing on and arrows that link each idea to another and, the piece-de-resistance, the idea that links the arguments back to the original concern, showing a nice neat cycle of nasty evil oppression that, thanks to my expert scholarly-ness (?!), can now be broken.  Or neatly debunked and dispatched ;0)  Anyways, it is MY work, my ideas, all miiiiine and not too shabby so there we go.  Now what I am doing is making sure each point is addressed by each chapter, which in the main they are hurray.  I can't believe that I have the actual blueprint of my thesis now :0))))))  It is the best, most amazing feeling ever.  I have my PhD there, in front of me, all I have to do is write it out.  I don't need any new thinking, or any complications, I have done all the hard thinky-work.  I would say that I have broken the back of it really.  And I know now that I *have* to finish it or I shall turn into a drunk and in 20 years time will still be pulling out this tatty piece of A4 and trying to tell people that I nearly got a PhD and this was my idea and I will stink and be depressed and have no excuse for why I never finished it. 

I am working sooooooo very hard :0)  I will work all today, get Bean, have tea with him and put him to bed for 8 and then shall work until Rev is on tele at nine (nice, gentle, clever humour - it pleases me) and stop for five minutes and a mince pie, then work again from 9.30 to 11pm.  Then I shall sleep :0) 

I am off to London this weekend to meet my best mate's new baby girl so shan't geet a chance to work again till Monday night.  I will be refreshed though...

Today I am making sure that this chapter has a nice intro and that my practical, empirical stuff dovetails nicely with my fancy schmancy theory.  Then I will be able to come back to it on Monday night and hit the ground running.  I won't want to be doing any thinky stuff then really and I don't want to dread facing it either. 

I am tired today so I have schnaffles to keep me company!  I have mincey pies (yayayaya!) and pringles - proper chrimbo party food.  I shall allow myself unlimited snaxies as long as I am working away although obviously I hope to work more than eat :0)  i also have a lovely cup of fresh filter coffee to get my nerves jangling.

  Better go, am late this morning! My festive cheer is making me lazy!

x J

Ps still yet to go on my morning run.  Oh well, can't be brilliant at everything eh?!

No comments: