Tuesday 30 September 2008

Worky worky

I am working so hard at the moment!

I spent the rest of the morning and the whole afternoon until half six working out my 'paragraph' which is now 1,500 words long... explaining as concisely as possible pretty much the whole background to the PhD, in an attempt to get it clear in my mind exactly what I am going to TN to do.

I also wrote out some key words to do with my work in TN, to try and get an idea of the direction in which my questions are going... to work out the assumptions behind them and general framework of ideas informing the research. So I feel quite calm about it at the moment - and happy for a day off tomorrow! Tomorrow is payday! WOOT! It is my last before we go away... so tomorrow I am going into uni for a very important lecture from a visiting speaker, lunch with my friend, and then am closing my A and L pesky bank account and getting basics for India. Basically, underwear (!!, yes, it's that's time of the year :0p), facial wipes, hardcore deo, mossy stuff, a medical kit and other bits and bobs for going away. This will be very pleasing!

I have also realised that I expect I shall have to buy my family christmas presents this month. Eek! I am spending all my money before I have it! And it's DB's birthday and we always go away from the night somewhere lovely - especially this year as it is a week before we move out - the house (and us in it) will be a stressy, messy place to be... and it's my sister's b'day and my friend's 30th... I think I should do some budgeting tomorrow! Luckily, we are out to India just before next month's payday so shouldn't be away for long with nowt...

The only thing about working hard is that I find it hard to relax. Very hard. I am just boucing off walls watching tele and so have spent the evening on the internet for no reason, or reading the paper. But I am totally tired at the same time. Am hopeless.

I think going out and about and meeting the people tomorrow will be such a good thing!

x J

No comments: