Friday 29 May 2009

Ah lovely sunshine

The sun is so lovely! I have been working quite well today, though have so much to do that it feels like a drop in the ocean...

And I had to delete a few thousand really crap old words, which is bad cause I have only 2500 words down of a 8000 word chapter that is meant to be finished on Sunday eve, but good because at least I knew they were crap, and have therefore learnt a thing or two in the past few months. Have also sorted my massive pile of notes into sections, done a damn fine introduction, realised that I have probably skirted over things that other people may find really important (e.g explicitly explaining how I will do data analysis, rather than just going along with my wishy washy Foucault-informed methods of analysis...), and thought I don't care about that so much, just get the first draft done!! Plenty of time for tweaking/re-writes later!

Am working pretty well because of the sun. I can often work well at this time of year, it being dissertation time for Masters theses etc, am quite used to it. And the long days mean I don't mind working until much later, when in the winter I usually want to knock off at about half four.
Am planning to work until half seven tonight, then shall hopefully be 'into' my first section explaining about the different theories I am using, and can come to it tomorrow with some enthusiasm. Am not doing much special tonight, eating salmon and new potatoes I hope (need something healthy to eat!) and watching Britain's Got Talent (erm, it does NOT, is all jokers this year!)... Tomorrow I shall probably chill in the morning and read the paper, then go for a jog, then come and start work for about 2pm. Sunday I shall work all day, depending on how much I get done tomorrow.

Am so hot! Being preggers means when I get hot, I get HOT and find it really hard to cool down. Sets me off in a bit of a panic. So am sat in a long t-shirt top, that should defo have jeans or leggings under it but instead am being rather a tart and flaunting my bum to the neighbours when I get up.

Still not heard from my RA in India. Oh dear. I fear I have mortally offended him by saying I won't get him a camera! Oh well, research down the pan then.

Have lovely sunny Fridays all (well, anyone in the UK, or else I am not sure about international weather conditions!)

x J

No comments: