Tuesday 12 May 2009

Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Ah, it is this blog's first year anniversary on Thursday! How mad is that! I only found out by accident. A whole year of jibbering!!

Actually, I can't believe it was only a year ago I had my monitoring meeting to get me to full PhD status. I feel so much older and, dare I say it, wiser since then! Ah... DB and I went into the Big City and got drunk on 241 cocktails all day...

I did some reading this morning of the delightful Monseiur Baudrillard who is bizarre but interesting. Felt quite sick and so mmmed and arrred about whether I was going to head into Uni or not and a desperate desire for some cleansing lotion decided me in the affirmative. My skin has not been this bad since I was a teenager. Shocking it is, and needs some serious treatments. So to Superdrug I headed - after the library of course. Got lots of books and, I am proud to say, not all of them were theory/philosophy but in fact some are about how to do fieldwork and methods! Yay! I am movin' on to phase two.

Methodology Chapter
Phase one: Work out theoretical and philosophical influences and 'lens' through which to analyse and present work
Phase two: Work out nuts and bolts of doing fieldwork in a developing country, methods, positionality, general jargon
Phase three: Read about ethical issues and subjective concerns re: reflexivity in the field, in analysis etc.

And then ta da! Is time to write.

Hurray! Have until next Tues to get all this done, then back to uni for more fieldwork/ethics books and then I am writing from Fri/Sat. Aim to hand in to Sup on Thurs 28 May so he can read it before our meeting on 2 June.

So much to do! But wow, I will have another chapter (mostly - first draft of course) down! What a buzz!

So for now am going to read until 6pm. I think DB is cooking me dins tonight I am not sure... Anyway I shall be chillin' and maxin' and then tomorrow I will read until about 1pm when shall have lunch - and then go and see Beanie! Am really nervous/apprehensive but more in a superstitious way than anything else - don't want to be 'seen' to be too cocky... You can never be sure. I had loads of dreams about the scan and beanie last night and they were really warming so felt, in my haze, it was beanie trying to reassure me. Bless her.

x J

No comments: