Sunday 31 May 2009

A rare,and misguided, feeling of achievement

I really do feel I have done something, I have worked hard and sent off my methodology overview to my Sup.

It is going well, and irritatingly turning into yet another chapter where I think I have all bases covered then realise I have to look at this, and mention that, and explain whatever... and it is a can of worms! But I suppose these are 'good' things in a twisted, PhD world.

Anyway, the draft is off, is 4000 words so about right. When I have filled out all the theory stuff and actually written the ethics out (coudn't be bothered, we know what they are) it will be much longer. Much of the rest though, justifying the case study etc is pretty much done though. Oooh yay! I am 4000 words down!! I jsut realised! How stupid am I - 'cause this is an overview I thought I would mainly keep this on the side, but actually it is way better than my 'real' draft now. Wooty. I also feel that I have worked hard today (about 4.5 solid hours?) and so am off for the day. I shall come back tomorrow and read my theory notes and write them up. I cannot tell you how many sources I have. Gazillions - the culmination of an MRes dissertation and essays and of numerous PhD meetings and fieldwork meets. Arg!

Beanie v active today! felt v sickly and dizzy at the shop. we bought a mountain of exotic fruit and are having meatballs and spaghetti for dins! We have lots of meat substitute food in too cause it was cheap, so hopefully will chill out my meat-obsessed brain. The supermarket was packed! Vile. Especially my beloved meat aisle, all those bbq freaks.

Oooh I got some trifle too! maybe I shall make that now!

Halfway through the chapter. hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

x J

No comments: