Sunday 17 May 2009

Sunday working :0(

Arf it's Sunday, I should be going for walks and making roast dinners and watching tele, and instead I am feeling stressy about not having started work yet.

I resent this intrusion!

DB's sis is coming to stay tonight. I must confess that although I am looking forward to seeing her and really am happy for her to come and stay, I am a bit dreading the pub bit. It makes me tired just to think of it! Ug, people drinking beer and the smell of hops and beer-ness. And sitting with a coke while they get drunk. Am not sure about all of that. But maybe it will be great, who knows! All I can tell you now is that I don't want to do much but be alone, with the fire and a good tv drama. And maybe some cookies. This is very different to the pub! Maybe I will go for a drink and if it is horrible I will come home. Am so happy, so HAPPY, for the first time ever, that we cannot smoke in pubs anymore! Or you would not catch me there with a bargepole.

So work... I will work until 1pm. I have a nasty block in my head that is stressed about having a lot of reading and learning to do and only until Thursday to do it. I really do need another week - but then don't we always?! I was tempted last night to let my Sup know that I was going to have another week, then thought I should just work to this deadline for now and get down what I can. Avoid perfectionism. I hate the thought that it could be a rush job though, where I overlook sources that I would otherwise like to read because I don't 'have time' when of course, I do.

So, will work until 1pm, then have lunch, then work from 2-5. Then shall chill, and hopefully have ironed out the stress noise in my head and be able to go to the pub and relax and, maybe, even enjoy it.

x J

No comments: