Monday 11 May 2009

shattered!

Arg I am so tired today!

Had a terrible sleep and even though I didn't get up early I am soooo tired. I am joining the gym today as well, I think. Am going along if DB goes (it's his gym I am joining) as really am getting quite large thighs which are not due to the baby, but baby-induced greed... Need to sort it out!!

I had a very good weekend. I did no work on Saturday and bummed around and went for a loooong walk along the canal. Then on Sunday I did a couple of hours of reading in the morning, went for some delicious lunch and came back and did some more reading for about 1.5 hours, then watched tv and second reviewed a terrible article for the uni journal. Was v busy lady! Finally chilled out about 6.30 and DB made me some stir fry for dins. It was such a great day, I could just work and didn't have to wash up or worry about making dins or anything so was actually rather relaxing. And has meant I can get up this morning and all the horrible books are done and dusted. Thee is light at the end of the reading tunnel - hurray!

Today am reading some more... going to the gym I think (arg, so tired! Need to get into the habit though, I just do) and eating fruit instead of cake. Monday-Friday I am very behaved, then on the weekend I go mental with the food. Hopefully beanie will calm down soon and I will stop being hungry!!

Scan day after tomorrow! I just can't wait!

Feel so much better about India. My Sup agreed with my idea of asking Kuna in India (my contact at the voluntary organisation I was working with before got called home) to help me do the research if I pay him and said he has done it before. As long as I go out and check the responses he has and talk to a couple of respondants and him all should be well. I love this idea more and more. However, Kuna and I had a little misunderstanding a few days ago where he apologised for not emailing quicker (like, left it a few days) and I just said to him not to worry if he can't email me back quickly all the time, is no need to worry and he thought I was telling him not to email cause they were bothering me?!! Oh dear. I emailed right back and explained the misunderstanding with lots of reassurance that I love his emails... and I still haven't heard back :0( I emailed on Sat to say hello but still nothing. I hope he isn't all cross or something. I need his help! I reck it would be good for him to help me out becasue he wants to apply to do a PhD in the UK - so having helped on a PhD research project would be great on his CV...

Arg, cultural miscommunication... Am so worried because I really want him to help me woith this work - it could be great for both of us! Speaking the language, having been there, having a rapport with the respondants - all mean the info he will get would be far more insightful than if I was doing it. And more ethical because he can have a lot of input into it, even lead it if he wants - rather than me blundering in in my big ol' English boots and assumptions.

Anyway, we shall have to see.

Better do some work!

Will trawl the internet for a bit then start - slow starting today...

x J

No comments: