Thursday 28 May 2009

Bean Day # 2

Arg I am so nervous. I swear I am more nervous than before my last scan. I wonder if I have more to gain and lose this time - it being nearly 10 weeks along! Also, the pregnancy is great, but really hard and stressful so I have not always been Mother Earth and worry if I will be punished.

Lordy, being a parent is exhausting!

Other than Bean Day (Midwife appt laters too!) I will work very hard today - mostly because I am banned from the internet and radio because I don't want to know who came out of the apprentice last night!! I did't see it because DB was watching the football.

Work is really going ok. I finished my introduction last night and the methodology section is tighter than ever - more than just a waffle about consent and methods and stuff, but careful consideration of where and why and how and the ins and outs of it - basically because I have done it and am going back out again in 6 weeks. Advice chaps - don't worry about your methodology chapter too much before you have started the actual research cause it will be billy-basic before you really know what's what! Also, I find that I have confidence in what I am writing and what methods will work and what won't and why - which comes with having gone there and trying to do it and relying on myself ot make the decisions.

One thing I will say is that atm I am telling a little white lie. Or not letting slip the whole truth, about how long I spent in India. I will say that I went there for two trips but not how long each trip was for, that way they will fill in the gaps and I don't have to say it was only 4 total months! Anyway, I have about my Dad's death and my pregnant state as 'personal issues' to explain why I use an RA and why I don't carry out most of the research myself...

Arg! One hour till Beanie time!

x J

No comments: