Wednesday 8 April 2009

All good!

DB and I went to the pub last night and had a lovely time... didn't get to bed till late though, though wasn't really inebriated so today I am tired but otherwise raring to go!

I did some reading last night before going out and am just so confuddled by these books I have. I suppose there is no easy way to talk about this subject... So I plod on and that is my job today - re-reading.

I feel much better now I know I would be in the UK regardless of past events. I am also relieved in a way - coming back with months of information, having to analyse and order it all, having to spend time doing that and worrying about reading etc, having no home, no car... eek! I am also having weekly email contact with one of my contacts in Site One which is great, am learning about his life and he learns about mine and hopefully I can start asking more questions about my topic soon and start learning even though am not there...

I am also very happy that I have decided not to go away for Easter, but to be brave and grown-up and spend it on my lonesome. I shall work, go to exercise club, watch tv, eat fish and chips and biscuits, and maybe do a spot of gardening. Or read about how to do gardening - it is a mystery to me so far! Even the uni is closed over Easter. It is going to be tough! I feel good that I have made a horrible decision for the good of my work. And it means I can go for a pint and chill and be slightly dopey today because I have given myself hours and hours of time to work in that I didn't have before. Something has to give. DB is not wanting to go to Cornwall either and I am trying to bribe him with a roast dinner and happy easter times, but know he can't be corrupted really.

I have a bruise on my chin! What is this?

Right, on to some reading!

x J

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ooh yes, do some gardening! I've just got some pots going on our patio - not many but managed to grow some salad and carrots and beans last summer. It's a nice distraction from PhD work and a good reason to spend some time outside! A couple of books from the local library helped me to get going, so definitely have a read about it first! x

Numpty said...

Hi Mel!

oh I can't wait! I have to get compost and grit and stuff though to start and that takes muscles, a car, and some time - none of which I have atm... :0p

I have a *brilliant* gardening book from my Ma for my beeday, it is 'The Virgin Gardener' by Leatitia Maklouf - is right back to basics and hopefully going to get me on my way!!

x J

Mel said...

Wow that book looks great! And it's reduced on Amazon...I think I might be making a purchase! x