Saturday 4 April 2009

Finished, motivated and happy!

I have finished work for now, and am most pleased with my three hours!

I worked hard at this textbook that I have been reading all week and then realised an easy-read intro to Marx may be useful at this juncture, and maybe a book on general philosophy - and Lo! On my shelf is my lovely Idiot's Guide to Philosophy (Jay Stevenson if anyone wants to know!), a well thumbed book but not yet for this particular branch of thought. So I got it down and have spent a very happy hour reading through and familiarising myself with lots of philosophy. I realised that to get this theory malarky properly I really ought to go back to basics and be thorough and as I realised this my thoughts settled and calm set in. I love it when that happens - you work away and just know you ought to be doing something 'better' but don't have a clue what, so plod on and on and then slowly realise and kazam! Working becomes a productive pleasure again and picks up some pace too. I am also pleased because I have set myself up with happy, easy and accessible work to come back to tomorrow (if I want to - tomorrow is meant to be my day off) or Monday and can be confident that I will enjoy it, understand it, and learn learn learn - and hopefully work out how to move forwward some more.

Hurray!

Come Dine with Me has my attention now. And the paper. Roll on Saturday!

Ohhhhh I want another sausage sandwich... ;0)

x J

No comments: