Wednesday 29 April 2009

Early bird

Don't want no worm. So there. Toast and eggs and bacon will do though?

I was up at 8am this morning. Shocking. Have been faffing and enjoying starting the morning slowly and am now enjoying a coffee and checking (writing) emails. Getting up early (and being awake with it) is brilliant! It is so quiet and peaceful outside, the light is lovely and there is so much time to chill before starting work. I love it!

Today I am reading and I don't think I am going out at all... I went for my long walk yesterday and I don't think Bean was best impressed. I am not going out today then, and will use the time to read for HOURS instead.

I have a very important edited economics book to read that has a *lot* of good essays in it that I am going to skim read to get the gist of their arguments. I think this will take me most, if not all, of the day. If I get this book out of the way today I will be really pleased actually. I have until Tuesday to read about 8 books which doesn't seem like many but they are so important. As long as I am reading a lot and working hard I can't get too upset if I don't manage it, but I should finish this book today. Hopefully the sun will be out later and I can sit out for a bit and get a break! I think I will work on Sunday this weekend.

Am really getting back into my PhD. I don't know but I think being pregnant, finally (have been wanting to have a baba for about 5 years now!), makes me feel content and happy and like everything - including (especially?) work - has more of a point to it. Rather than being something I do for 'pleasure' (and so when it isn't giving me any I resent it and want to do something else) it is also functional - I need to finish this work before my baby comes so I can relax as much as possible then, and also need to finish it so I can make a life for my family and be a good role model. And I am just happier, really.

Right, on with the reading...

x J

2 comments:

JoJo said...

Congratulations on the baba Janey!! I'm very happy for you. woohooo x

Numpty said...

Thank you JoJO!!! xxx