Wednesday 22 April 2009

Good Day so far - long may it last!

No, I haven't done any work yet BUT today is still a good day!

Today is also very important because it is the First Day of the Rest of my Life. I have no pressing, mahousive social engagements, (thank GOD), have decided to knock binge drinking on the head, and am putting work as my main priority (no change there then, except I shall start doing some).

So why is today a good day? For a start I woke up all rested, thinking it must be about 9.45 and it was a happy 8.30am! I got up and everything, which is unheard of in my world (am not a morning person). And so I have cleaned more of my house, washed more bedding and made some Mosh and coffee. And checked emails and am now raring to go.

ALSO
I reached my post-India healthy goal weight today. I am no longer classed as 'undernourished'! Which means I have to stop eating so much but this is good because today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life, which also means healthy - and moderate - eating. No more chocolate/crisp binges, no more man-size portions. And lots of exercise! Three times a week at least! I am really glad to have made it to this weight - I didn't want to necessarily but now I have I know it is time to seriously look after myself before putting any more on! So it all fits neatly together.

The sun is shining! I have the window open, it is glorious. None comes in my room, but whatever.

I just had an email from one of the friends I asked out yesterday and he says he is in toon tomorrow even' with a buddy from my Dept! So he will text me on his way to the pub (will be on soft drinks! No booze for me, I am quite serious) and I shall see him, be sociable, and meet someone from my Dept who lives in my village! And his friend is someone who I know can help me with my field work. Excellent! What a good day!

Righty, I shall work until 12pm. Then I shall skip downstairs and make some tea and see how my homemade lanterns are doing... (Apparently if you wash and de-label some tin cans, then fill with water, put them in the freezer and take out the next day you should be able to hammer in (with a hammer and nail) some pretty holes which then make a lovely lantern. To be honest it looks like a tin with ice in it for the mo, but maybe it will look better with the holes... and a candle. Not convinced, watch this space.)

So, work it is. As I said yesterday, no radio, no bouncing up except to go to the loo, no internet. Just me and my book - and some firmly gritted gnashers.

x J

No comments: