Tuesday 21 April 2009

Monday! Well, Tuesday :0P

Hallo!

I am late! A whole day late; DB and I didn't make it back from London until yesterday afternoon... We were meant to come back on Sunday but we didn't actually get to bed on Saturday night, and then Sunday morning when I expect we should have been catching some z's a load of friends called to say they were heading to the canal to drink lager in the sunshine like bums. So we had to go for the sheer unadulterated hedonism of it all. So there we sat, teachers, managers, and PhD students all, and drank Bud at half ten of the am by the canal, being total tramps and watching really lovely, clean people running past us on their morning jog... And I made a resolution to run the marathon which is probably one of the only things I remember saying the that day and it's actually true! I really am going to try. Too early to try and enter yet, but I am there! My run on Friday was so lovely I want more of it - I managed four miles and hardly broke a sweat! I never realised what an immese difference not having any hills makes. I have never done a long run without a torturous hill in it and they are knackering in comparison.

So we drove back yesterday and ate some curry and mini eggs (consecutively, not together) and I was fast asleep in front of David Starkey's lovely soothing voice on the tele, at 9pm. I have woken up this morning nothing more than a bit dopey and am most looking forward to getting into some lovely reading!

And the sun is shining! It has shone relentlessly for DAYS! What is this? This is not the Yorkshire weather I have come to know and resent!

So, on to work! I am so happy because for the first time since getting home in feb I have *nothing* planned for the forseable future. No visits or being visited, nada. Just WORK. Phew! I need to do a *lot* of work!

x J

No comments: