Wednesday 8 April 2009

Endofday

I've given up, my brain has gone to sleep...

I have worked hard today though! Done lots of reading, so much so in fact I realised that it is taking me so long to read and get my head around because I don't actually like it! I didn't realise this! I am not keen on the purpose or terminology of this particular philosopher, or seemingly, philosophy. But I am confused about what to do... do I carry on reading about him or not? Do I stop and, thankfully, move on and research another philosopher and see if I like them, and get a general overview of the philosophy? Or just move on totally, and leave them all behind knowing I don't like it and will probably go back to post structural/modern ideas instead?! I feel at home with the latter, I understand the writings, the abstractions, the point (or happy lack of)... I enjoy reading about it/them. But in order to say why I enjoy the latter do I not have to know about the philosophies I don't like in order to say why I didn't use them?! Yes! Yes I do - but no more than that. I must remember what my Sup said aboutn research and to stop reading when you realise it is not directly relevant to the work. So I will read more of the other philosophers under this theory's umbrella and see if I like any of their foci and thoughts... if not, then I don't; if so then I can draw from them too. Ok, sorted that out, thanks for the chat.

I need to get to the library then. Hmm, next week I shall go and do a big book swap. In the meantime I shall go back to Foucault; good old, reliable, interesting, inconsistent Foucault and read some of his original stuff and interviews, then write up why I am using him. I really look forward to getting something down on paper!

Oh! I have great news for me as well - DB has decided not to go to cornwall! Yaya! I am soooo pleased, I will have an Easter chum and a lovely one at that. We have decided to work hard alllll weekend and then go out for frolicks and food on Bank Holiday Monday as a reward and join in the easter-ness. And then DB suggested having a tele-day where we shut the curtains, get in loads of schnaffles and watch DVDs all day! WOOO perfect! Won't happen because we really will be working all the time, but nice idea anyway.

I, as usual, am knackered. And so I bid you adieu until tomorrow, when I shall be reading Foucault. Or about postcolonial politics... I have so much to read it really makes me want to hide under the duvet.

x J

No comments: