Thursday 30 April 2009

Marnin'

Ah ha! A normal morning at last - didn't wake up until 8.30 haha! And didn't get up till gone 9. Phew for that! Had lots of sleep (still super weird dreams) and feel much better today.

I don't know quite what was up yesterday other than just being very tired and sort of feeling a bit like I wanted Uni to go away and leave me alone for a bit. But I have no reason to go to Uni or have any urgent communications with anyone until Tuesday so I shall take a deep breath, relax, and nestle into my foxhole with my books and cups of tea and hibernate.

I had a lovely email from Sup yesterday about the abstract I handed in (I cced him on the admission email to his colleague) saying 'Well done Mum'. WOOOO! :D This is ace a) because no one has called me Mum yet and so obviously it is rather exciting; b) it shows how lovely he is and that I needn't worry about being preggers as long as I work hard; and c) he read my abstract and liked it! How brilliant and what a relief. He doesn't give out praise lightly so it means a lot. Also, I handed in the abstract without getting him to check it first mainly because I had a very tight deadline to get it in and also because I just felt that it was something I should do independently - let go of the reins a bit: this is my PhD after all so I must be confident that I have *something* to say. But still, it was horrible reading my abstract at the end of everyone elses really well worded and complicated sounding ones. I was quite embarrassed but if he thinks is worth a 'well done' then it must be a-ok.

Hurray!

Well, I feel much more alert and able to concentrate today - plus I now have a new deadline of wanting to get this methodology chapter out of the way asap so I can write the chapter that the presentation will come from. The conference is not until October - over DBs Birthday actually. I have never not been there for his beeday! This is sad and also, it will be the worst day EVER for me - London, presentation, conference, working bla bla. I will have to get my lovely girlies to takle me out for dins afterwards (will be 7 months gone by then. Eek!). And I said to DB that it may be good cause he can go to Cornwall and get really drunk with all his friends without worrying about his pregnant girlie being sober and tired with fat ankles and a baby that hates loud music and crowds (well, the crowd bit would be me at that stage I presume). So it would be the last blow-out before being a Dad and therefore maybe it is good I am otherwise engaged. Whatever happens DB has told me to defo do the conference and said he was really proud of me. Love that boy.

Off to read! Muchos reading!

x J

No comments: