Monday 13 August 2012

2 Hours Yesterday, Back Again Today

Soo I did two hours yesterday, after saying I was going to be lazy I got on with some work!

I now know pretty much how I want the chapter to look and where I need to fill in the gaps.  This means that when this is done it will effectively be draft no. 2; I didn't finish draft no. 1 - but that is because I realised early where it was going wrong.  Nice when that happens :)  Draft no. 3 would normally be my final, final cut after it has been ripped apart by my Sup:)

Today I want to fill in the gaps; I have one glaring omission of literature that in truth I am struggling to fill because I don't know much about it!  I know, I know it is weird but trust me, it is background info then the thesis sort of ditches it but I need to outline what it is to ditch it!  Else that will sting me in the tail in my VIVA.  It will take a few hours so actually, realistically I suppose I might have to do that today and tomorrow (arg).  I have worked this morning, while Bean was outside playing with the hose, was only rough but I was itching to work out where the chapter was going wrong and had an inkling that one section (of 19 pages!) needs to be two, which it does; and that another section needs to go first instead of last, which it does.  This was pleasing!  Then Bean had a nap at 1.30, I exercised for 20 mins (is hard horrible exercise meant to be 20 mins long and you do it every day) and then got to my desk.  I only had time for one 10 min session but am pleased with my general progress today so far, and if I wanted to/need to I know I can call it a day with what I have done. 

I don't know if DB is playing footie tonight; if he is then I won't be able to work probably but if he isn't I will definitely work from 6.30ish to about 8.  Am so keen to get this section done. 

THEN I will need to edit the chapter, and separate the one section into two, and juggle everything around to fit into that.  Then I shall need to fill in one last section that isn't very long as there isn't much to say (hence the reason for mah research).  THEN I will need to go through and re-read it, edit and make sure all the signposting is present and clear and then, finally, finally it will be done!  Hurray!

I think this will take me until Fri.  Today and tomorrow for the new section; Weds for editing and neatening (that will be fun as the chapter will take a lovely shape then); Thurs for the final section and Friday for final editing.  Then the weekend OFF to celebrate hopefully.

Who knows.  Only as good as my next ten minutes :)

x J

No comments: