Wednesday 8 August 2012

Worked During Bean's Nap

I have to go and wake him up, he has slept longer than I should have let him!

But I did work during his nap, did 1hr 15mins.  Worked out a lot of confusing bits that have been playing on my mind this morning and am starting to see the chapter as a whole.  Am pretty sure I can't write much more into it, as it is really long and will totally lose the reader if I include too much more.  There are about 5/6 authors and their ideas that I absolutely have to namecheck.  One section I might just cut out mostly as the next chapter goes on and on about it a lot...  The section I thought i would drop entirely, thereby changing my thesis, I have put in!  hasn't been as massive as I thbought though, is such a vast topic I really have to just take one quote from each book I want to namedrop or I would be writing forever! 

Is a good thing having too much to say though...  and reading through it briefly I have got a LOT of points in there!  Some I barely remember writing?! 

Coming to work during bean's nap was really very difficult!  But once I sat down and did my first ten mins it was just fine.  I only planned to do three sets of 10 mins then could leave if I wanted.  I felt this was a manageable amount, not too daunting but could get a decent amount done.  I feel *so* much better for it too; I have re-aquainted myself with it, added about 500 words, got through several of the sources I need to add in, and feel confident it is under control. 

After some time away I start to fret that it is all shit and I have forgotton bla bla, and can't bear to look at it again!  making myself open it up and do some work is a grand thing.  I did have a small tantrum when putting Bean to bed and thought 'but it is my time OFF' and realised, that actually, while I still have so much to do it ISN'T yet.  When I have finished then it will be my time off!  In the meantime I have to keep pushing through :) 

Am off to wake my son and have a lovely, happy afternoon knowing I have DONE MY WORK FOR TODAY and so have all this evening off to loll about, happily.  And I know the work is coming on ok, and AMAZINGLY I also know that I just *have* to stop writing soon as it is very big!  So I have to start wrapping stuff up!  Which is a wonderful thing to realise :)  Fingers crossed this lit review chapter will be finished by Weds next week!  And then only the methodology, intro and concl to write from scratch :)

It is all about the momentum...

Hurray!

x J

No comments: