Friday 10 August 2012

Bloody Did It

I managed to come up and do some work while DB is putting Bean to bed. Doesn't sound much but for me it is HUGE. 

I couldn't work yesterday as we went out with friends to enjoy the sun, then Bean didn't nap and by the time he zonked out at 7.10pm I was shattered so thought I would just have the day off.  And then today he didn't nap either!  And am knackered, but DB has come home in time to put the wean to bed...  and I am so tired...  and I really, really didn't want to look at my work, it was all shit anyway and whatever.  I felt like I had to do an exam - really nervous and hating it.  But up I came, and I turned on the laptop and didn't go online but went straight to the evil chapter and all along I was thinking 'I hate, it I can't do it, I hate it...' and then I did 20 mins instead of 10 and skipped off downstairs to make coffee and am just so HAPPY!

I only ask that I do 3x10 min sessions on days when am looking after Bean on my own (i.e mon and friday usually, but at the mo every day bar weekends!) as it is so tough to do both.  Sitting down to work after a 13 hour day with a toddler is a nightmare, so yeah, all I want to achieve on those days is a) sitting down to do it AT ALL; and b) doing a wee bit just to refresh my brain and kind of 'keep my hand in'.  Taking my eye off the ball and forgetting what the heck it is all about makes me really stressed, and takes less than a day to happen :(  Makes me a very unhappy momma! 

So I have one more 10 min session to do, then I can finish putting my Bean to bed, then watch the last of the Olympics in peace, knowing I did what I needed to today, and hopefully also knowing that my chapter isn't up shit creek like my imagination likes to tell me...

x J

No comments: