Monday 6 August 2012

500 words done :)

I have achieved my daily goal of writing 500 words :)

Was pretty easy with some copy typing... have now finished lifting my lit review from my MA...  Have dug out my notes, of which there are a LOT, and have started working through those and working them in to the text.  Is all pretty simple, just time consuming!  I came upstairs once I finished copy typing.  I haven't really work for long today, but I have done what I want to do.

Am tired today, I don't know why.  I only have tomorrow left to work...  My word count for this chapter stands at 6,500 which is excellent, I shouldn't go over 10,000 words now I don't think.  I think there is an entire strand of the lit review that I won't put in.  Which means it won't really figure in my thesis like I have thought all the way through (for five years).  It was an area of interest that compelled me to do a PhD in the first place; I have doggedly researched it and written about it all the way through...  and now my Sup says 'how, exactly does this fit in?'  I say, 'it does!  it does!' and then, when not being so stubborn, I wonder if it does.  And if I can get over the fucking WASTE OF TIME I spent on it, I think it might be able to be relegated...

You live and learn, eh?

Anyway, I don't know.  But if I did relegate it then am not far off finishing this chapter.  Which is something I could get excited about if I didn't have the next two weeks lacking childcare.  Oh, to move and be nearer family who could help out.

x J

No comments: