Sunday 5 August 2012

Writing up a storm!

Today I have been working since 9.30 :)

I got up and made a coffee and fed the cat, then sat straight at my desk.  Worked for 15 mins then got some toast, work a bit more a phoned my family, worked a bit more a did some shredding, worked a bit more and had a shower and some lunch...

I have written 800 words today so far!  However, they are lifted from my MA thesis of 2005...  I hope it doesn't matter too much.  I haven't stolen them verbatim and haven't used them to illustrate the same point, as acutally my argument now is completely opposite to then!  I have switched sides from a youthful optimist to an old curmudgeon ;0)  So it doesn't feel like proper work, it has all been rather easy!  I have gazillions of references and stuff, and am working on a completely different section than I had planned, and am going to have just an enormous word count for this chapter.  eek.  I will have to trim it down a lot, and am sure I repeat myself often but for now, it is about getting words and ideas down.  Yesterday I edited a lot, today I am really wanting to write.

Am very pleased with my progress and starting to sort of wane a bit...  I have worked nearly as much as not, which for ten mins a day is brilliant :) 

I think I will keep going through my old thesis and hopefully will come to the end of it soon so can start writing fresh stuff!  I have tomorrow and Tuesday to work all day too, which is great but I do want to be have done a lot of this chapter by the end of Tuesday.  I am worried, but really, it should be ok.  I think generally I am worried about what I am going to do when Bean comes back and we have two whole weeks without any childcare.  Getting down to work will be challenging and i quite dread the slow pace and lethargy creeping back on me :(  This time is such a pleasure!  Just working all day, it is so ridiculously easy to get stuff done compared to when I am looking after Bean too.

I shall just have to carry on thinking in terms of '10 mins' and try to do a couple of 10 min sessions when he naps and later in the evening.  It'll be ok.

x J

No comments: