Thursday 23 August 2012

Editing!

I am editing away today :)

I am desperate to have this chapter finished by the time I have to go and get Bean at 4.  DB is playing fotty tonight so won't be here for me to work this evening and I just hate working after bath and bed with Bean is over at half eight.  Such a long day - and I need my wits about me!  Tomorrow I am home with Bean and don't want to be stressy or feel disappointed all day.

I want to finish editing then, the intro is done, the concl is therefore done too as is always the same pretty much.  I now I have to go through it and add one more subheading and then read through the lot and see if it makes sense (i know it doesn't yet).  However, this bit is ok to leave as I will definitely need to go through it again and maybe again after that to make sure it isn't sputing nonsesen and for that I will have to leave it for a few days.

Is a pain you can't just finish it and send it off.  But I definitely can't send it to my sup until after the weekend when I can come back to it with fresh eyes and try and read it as a new person coming to it for the first time.  Otherwise I find I fill the gaps of knowledge in in my own head ad don't pick up on strange phrasing or uber-complicated and unfriendly sentences, or even realise whole concepts haven't been sufficiently explained.

We are meant to be going away this weekend so I guess I won't be able to work again until Tues :(  I will start on my methodology chapter then come back to this one when I want to.

Better crack on!

x J

No comments: