Sunday 26 August 2012

Back to It

I am backetty back back.

I had dreams last night of meeting my Sup and him asking me what on earth I have been up to all this time.  I was so proud to say I had done my lit review but also aware that it shouldn't take 4 months to do one chapter :(  Was definitely one of those 'yay!  but oh...'  dreams where I feel a bit shit and my best might not be good enough.

Bit stressed?!   I am a total grouch at the mo, this work is making me feel genuinely angry now!

Anyway, I had a lie-in this morning which was amazing and I can concentrate today :)  Am also incredibly motivated; I want to get as much done today as I can so I can relax a bit tomorrow.  I don't know if I will ever feel that this chapter is 'done' or good.  I think my last chapter being so shit was a bit of a confidence knocker (well, huge confidence knocker!) and also the nature of a lit review is that it can go on and on and on and be like an exam where you just vomit everything you think you know about a subject in the hope something will get picked up and get good marks...  Someone, somewhere will see I have missed something out so the temptation is to write a LOT about EVERYTHING, when actually my Sup tells me time and time again to be ruthless with the literature and use it to illustrate your point and nothing more; make a point once and then move on.  Being sparse but clever is probably the wisest move.

Anyway, will get back to it.  I don't care about the family today, they will have to do without me.  I shall stay up here for as long as I can/can stand to!

x J

No comments: