Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nearly there...

Today I am back to work :)

I have been a stressy bunny these past two days, not able to work due to Mumness, but today the childminder is back off holiday!  WOOT!

I was sad to take the munchkin in, but he was utterly delighted and therefore, so am I :)  I came home, armed with pom bear, biscuits, coffee and wheat crunchies, made a piece of toast (too het up about it all to eat this morning?!) and came up and did my first ten mins.  Was ok really, thbough I have been building it up to be awful since I woke up. 

I couldn't work yesterday, no time.  I am now editing mostly, so need a few uninterrupted hours to get my head really into it and start juggling sections around, because it doesn't read properly.  Content is fine (I think), the order is not.  I tried to do this while Bean napped on Sunday and ended up scrubbing 45 mins of work because he woke up nad I was stressy and not concentrating.  Was a big mess.  So have gone back to the non-messy draft and am starting over again.

I really hope to have the order sorted by the end of the day and be into proper editing.  Signposting each section, sorting out the intro, and I have one small section that I need to neaten as is just notes with a few quotes atm.

I hope to put this chapter to bed at the end of tomorrow :)  That fills me with excitement and also a weird feeling of dread.  It is because I hate editing and re-reading, am always convinced I will read it all and realise it is a load of bollocks, and realise I have missed out 50 relevant sources.  I just hope, hope, hope I really am near finishing it.

x J

No comments: