Friday 5 September 2008

4pm!

Wow, today has gone so fast. I did get up late, at 10, but that was because DB got in so late last night and I couldn't sleep until he got home... I thought today was a write-off because I couldn't think this morning. I decided to call it a day and work until DB also decided to knock off and have worked up till now! I think, as well, that I have finished it. Which is quicker than I thought. And I am not likely to go over my target of 10,000 words which is fabulous.

I really think I may have finished it. I haven't though of course because I have to read through it alllll and edit it, and write the conclusion. But so far I don't see why it shan't be finished by 2pm on Monday! Excellent! even if it isn't it will defintely be done on Tuesday night at the latest. Which is fantastic and I am off to have a glass of sangria in my kitchen with the lights on because it is *soooooooo* dark and rainy.

I always feel curiously deflated when I have finished work these days and having thought about it I have realised that it is because I am cynical about whether I have finished it or not. When I did my undergrad (badly and drunkenly) and my MA (diligently) I would finish the work with a flourish and never look back. I can't believe I handed in non-proof-read work! It would have been SUPER if I had, I would have got a massive distinction. Everything is in the checking and the re-checking my friend.

But of course you know that.

So I am off for a shower and to get into my fun times clothes!

WOOOOO!

PS. am not liking the new facebook. When I look at my profile page it feels like it is shouting at me. 'JAYNEY IS... WONDERING WHETHER THIS WILL EVER END'.

harsh.

x J

No comments: