Thursday 4 September 2008

Thursday 4 September, 2008

September! Eek. Nearly time for uni to start again. I am always quite relieved to be going back, or at least to know it is there and can go in and feel like this all has a point! During the summer I can feel quite alone in my work without the Big Machine that is Uni humming along in the background.

Today I am snoozy! I didn't get to sleep until 3am. For some reason I was worried about work although on waking this morning I realised I was being rather dramatic and all is ok really. I think I am anxious because DB said he was coming home today which means my silence and concentration will be compromised... I am getting used to it! I am almost tempted to ask him to come home tomorrow you know, just so I can get this chapter done before I am corrupted.

I realised that I had better read through all the work I have done so far and see how it flows. I am *dreading* this. I hate long read-throughs as am so forgetful that I am convinced it is rubbish before I start and during. I dread the thought of spending another whole day editing, editing, editing and being pernickity when I really want to just finish! Alternatively I could read it through and be pleased with it and it could give me that bit more confidence upon finishing. Bah, I don't think so!

I am waiting for the postman to come at half 12 and then off to put my flight money cheque in t'bank and then, then will come home and buy my tix! Woooo! That will be fabulous. I hve decided to go for a 5 mile run later too to test my 'injury'. I reckon if I can't run five miles without being in pain then there is no point trying to run 13 on Sunday, or not running the five miles and 'resting'. Resting rubbish - it just won't go away. I am stubborn about doing it because this is the third 1/2 marathon I have entered and not run and feel embarrassed and full of sh*t. And secondly, I keep paying to enter and not entering. For myself though I have to remember a) I don;t wan to get a hernia or something and b) the point of entering was to get me better at running and to conquer a new form of exercise - which I have done. I can now comfortably run 5 miles in an hour which is very good exercise. If I ran once, swam once and went to the gym once a week I would be in pretty good shape. So I should be grateful for that - running it wasn't the aim, it was the exercise. So job done!

Ooooh, there is a circus *and* a fair in town! I have never been to the circus so am going to make DB take me. And I love fairs - although not the scallies that come with it and make one feel really old in that kind of invisible, not worth acknowledging kind of way.

Better get on with the proof reading then. *snore* Please, PLEASE don't let this take all day. Pleeeease.

Bye!
x J

No comments: