Tuesday 9 September 2008

A whole new day

Today is going to be a great day! I can feel it in my bones. Plus I am fed up of not being able to go to sleep for thoughts and worry whirring round my brain. Today I shall tackle these sources of worry and tonight I shall be so bored I promptly zonk off.

* I will finish this chapter! hurray!

* I will call the india visa people on their £1.50 a minute line to have the confused conversation, that takes half an hour and remains unresolved, that I have been dreading and trying to fix via (free) email.

* I will call A and L who still haven't called me about how they are seeing into my complaint.

It is very strange because I never complain about anything and hate arguments - especially protracted ones and especially those based on the phone. but I see to have got myelf into a whole load of different pickles in one go. I suppose that's what happens when you stick your head above the parapet of life?! (do you like that?!! hehe)

I am also having odd feelings about finishing this chapter. I thought I would be really pleased but in a weird way last night not doing it any more felt like I was 'losing it'. Maybe it has become such an integral part of my life that to not do it any more will be a bit like maybe a little hole in my life when I am making the transition from this work to my next chapter (methodology and theoretical direction)...

Strange.

The weather is *perfect* today. It is dark so I have my light on in my room to be cosy, and it is raining constantly; it is just a lovely day to be inside working with a cup of coffee.

My little sis who has been terribly terribly ill these past few formative years with Systemic Lupus has started her foundation year in forensic science today. I am unbelievably proud. Like I could pop with it. She was so poorly and will always be poorly. Even last weekend she was bedridden she was so weak. But she got through it and is at college for her first day. And it is so funny because she hasn't been thought of as all that academic for some reason and now she is doing all this maths and science. My m will have a scientist and a postmodern researcher in the family. Curious dinner table arguments?! I would say so although I am not sure the Foucault will be that useful when studying cadavers... ?!!

Well, I better stop skiving and get to this chapter. I am going to whizz through it. The longest bit will be reformatting the refs cause I work in Word 2007 but my Sup doesn't. This is sad and annoying but hey... The three songs favoured by Radio One will keep me company suring that dark time I am sure.

Am off! I so hope I come back later feeling more light and free from worry and frustration!

x J
ps. I just realised that this is my last week in year 2. Then I will be in the third year?! When I started I was scared of those in their third years, I thought they were so adult and clever. Eeek!

No comments: