Thursday 4 September 2008

Tired out!

Ach I am so tired! I am properly getting tired of this work now which means I must be near the end of it. I have that feeling you get at the end of dissertations, or the end of my last chapter, where just getting it done is the main objective, and where you think that if you had known how exhausting it would be when you started it, you never would have.

Which is a good thing. ?!!

I did have to go away for half an hour and ponder my final section and for a while thought maybe I needn't put it in this chapter. Then realised I did, but at least worked out what the point of it was. I forgot for a while there... I hope that with some hard, concentrated work tomorrow I will get it down. I don't think there is anything I don't know, so that means I won't be wasting time re-reading stuff and makig sense of my ideas. But it is all going to be fresh material so may take longer than anticipated. To be honest, I just don't know. It's all part of the uncertainty of doing a PhD I guess.

I am brain-dead, so earlier than expected, I am off for the day. I think I will have a sneaky ciggie in the kitchen and stare out of the window trying to conjure up some meaningful thoughts, then I will give up and maybe have a bath, watch hollyoaks and make some dins! DB is back tonight but not until the wee hours... I was pretty nonchalent about his imminent return but now am soooo pleased that life will soon return to its usual calamity.

Until tomorrow...

x J

No comments: