Thursday 11 September 2008

Busy beeeeeee

In contrast to my earlier decision to laze around today I have been so busy and just not stopped. I haven't left my desk for *hours*!

I have written the summary for mr bigwig in London and sent it off. That took hours and was probably too long. Oh well. I also had an email from my Sup saying that my Chapter is good (phew) and has actually marked the whole chuffing thing really thoughtfully - 1,500 of extra thoughts and criticism. I am drawing the line and will not tackle that until tomorrow. He did raise the general points I need to consider and I answered them which pleases me - I dread being asked a question that stumps me and makes me realise that this research is a figment of my imagination... One of the worries is that I get to TN and after all this criticism of the aid discourses etc everyone just *loves* how the dalits were given homes and their new homes are all millions of miles from the beach and glad not to be smelly fishworkers any more but just *adore* making incense sticks... This would be a turn up for the books. But then, i think that I will be surprised by what happens in TN - which is, really, why I am going. Else it would be made up in my head. Plus, this is actually an abstract piece of work and whether the incense intitiative was successful or no is not the issue - but *why* the incense thing? Why not going back to fishing? That is the issue, aye.

So there.

I am hungry! Time for breakfast. Er, lunch.

x J

No comments: