Wednesday 17 September 2008

Finished for the day...

Ahhh, I have finished for today. I haven't reached any particular target but have worked alllllll day virtually without a break and realised that I was staring at it and not actually doing any more. I definitely find that I reach 'saturation point', which I usually notice when I am writing because I try and save my work and forget what to do. You know how you do that kind of thing on autopilot? When I am really tired my autopilot has gone off for snoozy time and I stare at my folders confused about where I am saving my work.

I did a lot of work today though! I sorted out my research design (case study) and worked out the questions I want to answer in TN and the forms of data that I want to collect... I have lots of different headings of paper for my notes on sampling, design, social theory etc etc so am getting pretty organised... well, I need to be - for tomorrow is 'S' day. I am so glad we are meeting early in the morning, that way I can get up and just head out without too much time to get worried... I know meeting your sup isn't normally a big deal but I only see mine every few months and am always very anxious that he will think I have been pis*ing about and am not up to scratch. My fakery will be discovered!! I am sure I will get some form of drubbing (just because I always am, tho I never do!) but I have a lot of this research sorted out - and there are some surprises in there as well which will at least show him that I have been thinking about it and not just dredging up old work. And I have questions to ask so that's good. I always like to go in with a show of the work I have been doing and obvious plans for progression. (I am a suckbutt, I know.)

So, although it is early, I have written a synopsis of my ideas for tomorrow and am knocking off. I am exhausted! Seriously, you just can't underestimate how tiring brain-work is!!

Ahhh, to make it all better though I do have my appointment with the steam room and the sauna tomorrow, after a nice swim in a posh gym. DB has lots of important meetings tomorrow too so after my sauna/steam room and some food I will do some work and then we will probably have a drink and mull over our repective days/week. I am off to london this weekend so we are bringing our weekly binge-drink forward to a mid-week binge-drink. How deliciously naughty! Do we think Big Brother will come and find us and parade us in the streets as the social and medical menices we are?!! I will be in the stocks!

Ahh, Jezzer the neighbour's cat is waiting for me outside the (closed) patio window apparently. DB is anxious that I go and say hello but I wonder how I am to do that with a pane of double glazing between us?! I can't open it, cause then she would be all happy and try and come in and she can't cause DB is allergic. So I would have to close the window on her sad little expectant face..

Maybe if I put a hand up to the glass, and she a paw (jezzer is a girlie indeed, it is my personal monker and it has stuck whether she likes it or not) and we can stare forlornly into each other's eyes...

On that note...

x J

No comments: