Saturday 6 September 2008

Sat'dee

Ahhh, lovely lovely saturday. Lovely, relaxing, yumscrumptious saturday. Today is a particularly good Saturday because, with a bit of distance from the taskmaster that is my PhD, I have realised that I *will* finish this chapter on Monday, even it it is not finished to top spec. Because now I have the whole thing written down. It may need tightening, or filling, or a few more authors added for more in-depth analysis. But I can easily dig out my notes next year and do that. And this is to be a draft and I am increasingly aware of its possible naivety, and with the research and interviews I will be a wiser person and this chapter will be reviewed in a more thoughtful way.

So there we have it! I am sooooooooooooo pleased. In a quiet way. More relieved than anything, and secretly proud of myself for getting it done like good girlie.

Roll on Tuesday and the methodology! yaya! Can't wait. And eek, the third chapter!

Time off is so important. I was feeling really bogged down yesterday and today feel so much better - already! Tomorrow I am going for a gentle rehabilitation-run for 5 miles and then am out for lunch with DB and going to recce an area we may want to move to after TN... I am meant to be running the half marathon tomorrow... But I got a stitch again going to the PO on Thurs - just walking - and since it has gone today, I have realised that my tummy muscles haven't been happy for some time. DB is cross that I am off out straight away tomorrow and tells me I should rest more. But I have to exercise. Have to! I tell you why - I am off to the fair down the road later to get a burger and chips from the burger van! How funny is that?! Wow but they are good burgers tho.

BB finished last night. Thank goodness! Watching it was like some kind of sick addiction. Or waiting for something to happen that would validate all the hours of my life I have invested in it. The victory for Rachel was, however, hollow. I cannot get excited about a woman with a personality of a morrisons plazzy bag who has a fetish for grapes and water. She is rubbish. I am actually quite cynical about her (not necessarily a surprise for a woman who is making a living criticising humanitarian aid...). Even winning wasn't that convincing. 'I'm so *happy*!'. yes dear. Whatever. It's like normal people would say 'I'm *sooooo* happy!'. But she tries to impress an idea of happiness upon me that I just find unbelievable.

Does anyone think I analyse too much?! Oh! as well, it is getting so bad that I am proofreading articles in the paper. Uh oh. Just chillax man!

:0)

x J

No comments: