Wednesday 10 September 2008

Oh dear

I had an email this morning from my Sup that does not bode well. He writes in rather obscure ways sometimes but I am pretty sure he was being nasty about my work. I am not good at writing sometimes and write rather long-windedly and not in a very academic sense. Maybe I like writing too much?! Anyway, it does not bode well dear reader. The thing is that I just needed to get this chapter down - I have 18 months to analyse the data and write up when I am back from TN. And I don't want this last 6 weeks to be stressed with writing this chapter or feeling rubbish. But I gues a thick skin is a necessary thing for this course - it ain't always gonna be pretty.

I feel really sad. Oh well, at least he is reading it now and not keeping me in any suspense. If you know the devil you can deal with it eh?

In the meantime, after another night of insomnia-for-no-reason, I am trying to work out what methodology means. I think I will start with a spider diagram and work out what kind of data I want, and work backwards from there.

I am *hopeless* at methodology.

In the meantime, the visa people who had our details this morning have lost them and I am busy faxing statements to the wrong fax number they gave me.

GREAT!

x J

No comments: