Wednesday 3 September 2008

The weather

Now, the weather in Britian is always something to talk about, usually because it was very sunny a second ago and by the time you went into to change into shorts and get some sun cream it started raining.

However, the weather that is going on at the moment is BIZARRE and I wonder if I am looking at the future outside my office window. Last year was a total washout with barely any sun. This is unusual but, you know, whatever. It was a bad year. This year though has been sooooo strange. There was no sunny May. May is always sunny and hot - I know this because I am usually revising for exams in May, and come June when I am free it is all grey. Then August is good with at least a few yummy hot days and Sept can be quite hot too at the beginning. There was no sunny June. There were two days of blazing hot sun in July, which I spent in traffic jams on the M5... And August there was rain.

I am noticing a bizarre pattern to the weather though. Up north it tends to start out sunny with some blue sky. Then I get excited and put washing on to dry outside later. Then it gets grey and windy. Then every afternoon pretty much there is an amazing downpour, which in it ubiquity is becoming more and more unremarkable. I used to run to the window to marvel at such a downpour, but now I just get freaked out because it happens every afternoon. And then it clears and will probably stay grey for the rest of the day.

It is WEIRD. Like monsoon or something.

I don't like it. Where's the sun?!

Work is going well though.

x J

No comments: