Tuesday 2 September 2008

Summer?!

Today there is blue sky! Blue sky! Although there was yesterday too and I put some washing on thinking I will be able to dry it outside, and it rained dinnit.

What if it stayed sunny? What if I could sit in my garden with my book and be hot? What if I could wear my skirt?! WOW! Nah... You definitely have to go abroad to do that. I am sure I remember doing it in England but think this may be me being ultra-positive and hazy about the past... When politicians were honest?!

Well today... I am really sleepy today dear reader. Very snoozy indeedy and not sure why. I wonder if it is because I haven't run around enough this week - because of this darned injury. The irony is that I signed up to the half-marathon to keep me fit and actually, because I have to look after myself in the run up to it, I am lounging around waiting to get well enough! So getting unfit! Silly silly paradox.

No sign of my flight money yet. Arg. come ON! I wonder who to email?! I shall wait for today and email someone tomorrow if I am not contacted. Problem with me always is that I am incredibly impatient and when I have a bee in my bonnet I get on the case immediatemente, no hanging around. Speaking of which I am in the process of badgering my dearest friends to go on holiday with me next year to Greece on an island. They all earn really decent money but still whine on about money. And none are married/childered or anything - where does the money go?! They all earn twice as much as me but seem to have *no* money. I think this is a fantastic example of how the more money you have, the less you have! I know, because I am always skint, that if I want to go on holiday in a year then I will save and budget for it and see it as a treat. Why can't they?! They have, literally, a year. So I am cajoling. I wonder where people's sense of adventure is sometimes too. It would be so lovely, a week of bikini-ing and seafood and wine and reading and chats with best friends. I have said no one difficult is allowed to come! Hehe. We are all getting older now and I want to get a family going and have to finish this course and sort of, I suppose, see my adulthood looming and fancy a carefree holiday with my besties before we all grow up and have even less time for each other.

They can afford it. Silly rabbits.

Speaking of which, a really sad story is being uncovered in the news about a millionnaire who apparently had money troubles, who it seems killed his wife and teenage daughter, their pets and horses and then set his mansion on fire and killed himself. Mostly speculation at the moment is that he owed money to big businesses - at first peeps thought he may have been assassinated but this was realised to be a bit excitable for Britain and he just owed money to normal big businesses who recognise and use the judicial system... So it looks like he would rather have his family and self dead, than be poor. Words fail me.

I feel more awake now. Am going to work on this chapter more today, concentratedly, and go to the gym at lunchtime. So... will work until half 12, then come back probably at half two, and work until 6.30odd. Let's GO!

x J

No comments: