Wednesday 17 September 2008

Todaaaaay

AHHH! I am so awake! Hello birds! Hello sky! Hello trees! I have been sleeping sooo well and my tummy ache has all but gone. Tank da laird, I was starting to look a wee bit preggers.

And so! To today's work. I have started already - I have written a list of why I like Critical Realism and don't like it. Last night after I posted I finished writing up about CR on my chapter draft and organised my notes into new, more concise piles. I need note piles for info that tells me how to actually carry out my interviews etc, philosophy, practical ethics, moral ethics, social theory, 'doing' research, doing development research and finally, data analysis. I really need to start learning Tamil too. What to do? I wonder if I should have two weeks or three when we get to TN, to chill out and learn the language and get used to the culture, before I start volunteering. I think three would be nice but... Seems a bit extravagant and we may just be stuck in a hotel in a muggy, grubby city and getting on each other's wick. It seems weird that we would spend the whole duration of time we had in Guatemala just getting warmed into TN! We were in Guatemala for aaaages!! But TN seems more daunting because it is culturally so different. I am preparing to freak out... !! I reckon three weeks may be advisable. I tend to rush into things and do what is 'expected' of me (by no one but me on the whole) when maybe preparation is the key - I am sure I could start volunteering early if I want to!! Hmm. It is practically a whole month though and don't have much time.

My Dad emailed me last night for the first time in so long that he thinks I may be 'working'. I am in the third year of my four year PhD stupid. Grrr, that man continuously disappoints.

Today I am preparing for my Sup meeting tomorrow. I predict it to be a tricky meeting and that I will deflated afterwards. My chapter has holes in it that he will want to go over, and for which I probably won't have answers (oh dear), and then the research in TN will want going over. I really hope he can help me lots. I am normally very independent but this methodology is confusing me and I just need confirmation that I am heading in the right direction with it... I hope so!

I am not doing anything else today except working on this. I may think about my ethics as will be good to have thought about this for tomorrow. Damn it, I will think about everything!

EVERYTHING!

Now, if you will excuse me.

x J

Ps. I will stick to two weeks. Am just being shy and lazy. Two weeks will be a long time.

No comments: