Thursday 4 September 2008

HURRRRRAAAAAAY!

I hve booked my tickets! I am officially now going to TN on the 27 th October for research, until the 7 April. OOOOH! I am sooo excited and happy.

I am also wierdly excited about the tuna steak I have bought to make for dins. I bought some fresh parsley and thyme and am going to make a herby, garlic butter to put over it, with new potatoes, asparagus, mange tout and baby sweetcorn. YUM!

This morning/today has whizzed by. You can tell because I instinctively thought it was still morning, when really it is two pm. I have been reading through the chapter and in one fell swoop it doesn't seem as long and whining-on as I thought. Sometimes you can spend so long on one paragraph, reading through it and stopping every two seconds to ponder and fiddle that the whole thing seems really, really, really loooong and dull and drawn out. But really, read at a normal pace it isn't that bad. Phew!

Am now onto the final bit. Still copying super quotes from my fave authors and will use them to punctuate my short, sharp, insightful arguments.

I hope...

Friday tomorrow! I soooo need a weekend to chill and not think about this stupid work. After a while (days of nothing but...) the arguments start to feel sort of pointless and just, like, who cares this much?! WHO?! And you start to go mad and wonder what any of it is about. And then you sleep and wake up and the world is ok again... for a while...

I can't contemplate ever finishing. How does that happen? I can contemplate the enormousest holiday afterwards though. ENORMOUS. No volunteering. No research. Just being a beach-bound, moonshine-guzzling slob.

x J

No comments: