Thursday 1 November 2012

Ah good news :)

So having separated by chapter into two I can now see what I need to work on... 

And pleasingly one chapter has 6000 words in it already.  With some more analysis, necessary references to theory, and an intro and concl this should come to the requisite 8000 words.  Shouldn't take me more than a day or two (depending on how easily the theory analyses come to me!).  The other chapter I only have about 3000 words for so will need to find another 5000 for that - eek.  This is worrying but at least this is only the situation for this chapter and not both of them! 

Have still to look through old drafts to see what waffle info I can copy and paste over, and the 'discussion' chapter too, and then will know what I have to work with. 

Am pleased and concerned all at the same time.  But it isn't a nightmare, and I am thankful for that.

I am going to get some lunch, laters!

x J

ps I asked my sup about self-quoting to avoid self plagiarising and he wasn't at all bothered, thought I was being overly worried about it.  So if you do want to quote old work from a thesis/module essays it really shouldn't be a problem.  Felt like a right prat having my MA thesis from 10 years ago in my refs like I am Mr Big! :)

No comments: