Tuesday 6 November 2012

Fighting Fit

Today I am feeling assertive.

I have to do something about my deadline fiasco, so first of all have emailed my uni admin to ask straight out if there will be anyone there to receive my thesis on my submission deadline of the 31 Dec.  If there is not (I suspect not) then I shall start my fight to have my deadline extended to the 5 Jan, which will give me time to have it bound at uni when the copyzone opens on the 2 Jan, then hand in straight away.  It is the soonest I can hand in after xmas.  I will fight the sort of idea they have told me (no one has said yet I definitely have to hand in on the 20th but no one has said I don't either) that I have to have it bound on the 17th for hand in on the 20th.  I will demand answers asap as I need to sort out childcare!  (and my worry levels!)

I would LOVE to have this done for the 17th, but as it is if I am to work well it is not looking likely.  Literally one extra week to write, until the 24th as originally planned, will be amazing.  I had planned to work until the 24th, it is my actual right to work until the last minute and they have pulled the rug out from under me because they are on holiday!

So am now starting to sort that out.  Hurrah.

Today I am working on finishing my first (the added) empirical chapter, tomorrow I will finish off the second, and Thursday I will finish the third and go to a hospital appt.  Each chapter has at least 7200 words now so I just need to go through each and:
  • make sure they make sense
  • make sure they contribute something to the thesis
  • make sure that from the outset I state what each ch. contributes to the thesis
  • make sure each subsection is argument driven
  • make sure theoretical analyses are in there all the time; wave that theory flag!
  • make sure each chapter interlinks
After these chapters I then have to rewrite my discussion into a conclusion, and check another new chapter needs to be a chapter or intersect it into other chapters.  I hope to do the latter as it will be easier but we shall see!  Then most of the writing should be done, bar constant revisions!

x J

No comments: