Tuesday 20 November 2012

What's a conclusion?!

My poor husband.

I have asked him about five times now what a conclusion is; I am suffering from nearly-about-to-hand-in-a-complete-draft stupidity and am so excitable and panicked I really can't remember how to write a conclusion.

Then I get the Fear about writer's block, which obviously would be most inconvenient but is definitely where I am headed atm!

I have had a good brekky, am well rested (tho still completely shattered, might have a lie down this aft) and DB is looking after DS again this morning so I can be still (I am on bedrest by the drs).  So I have decided to work as that keeps me ridiculously sedentary.  I have to say, although I am stressy and there are times when it drives me insane, I don't think I have enjoyed working more.  Tho I think maybe this is because I am reaching a deadline and facing a week off (a WEEK!  what will I do?! :)) because my toes curl in horror at the thought of receiving it back and editing again.  I can already see glaring shite sentences when am scanning though but know that this really isn't the time to be pedantic about the editing.  ug.

Anyway.  I will do some freewriting on a clean sheet I think.  I need to write out what I did this thesis for, what my argument is, which is easy now.  Then I need to show how I have shown this throughout the thesis.  I think that is all for now.  I might just do a super rough draft and leave it with Sup :)  AM super planning to post this bugger tomorrow (uh and am yet to format it.  am excited about getting it into one document but scared about buggering it all up!  and will the refs work?!  eek)

x J


 

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hello...I have been following your blog for some time. I struggle with conclusions a LOT as well. I found this site: http://www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk/conclusions.htm

and I find that by 'filling in the blanks' I can get a very good basis of the conclusions and then build from there. Good luck

Numpty said...

That's been very useful, thanks!

x J