Thursday 22 November 2012

Trying to relax

And not doing very well!

Am feeling better for being sat back at my laptop!  Is so weird after so long working and worrying to all of a sudden have time off.  When a programme I was watching just finished my first thought was 'right!  back to it!' but then of course...  I am off!  Am still nervy and anxious - I can't read, for example, because my brain is still hopping with work thoughts!

And then I think, well, maybe I could do some work?!  But I think this would be bad because a) I need to rest; b) My brain needs time to distance itself from work so I can come back it objectively and; c) what would I do?!  I have my prelims and appendices and can probably sort out my refs as I am not sure they are all there.  But really, is not much I can do constructively until I get my draft back and then all hell will break loose.  Am so nervous about getting it back and having to re-write, re-write.

Am also in that post exam stage where you have the initial euphoria of having done the bloody thing and then pretty quickly doubt about your success sets in... so am sort of nervously twiddling my thumbs.

But still, I have to be pleased as I have reached milestone no. 1 of submission: completing the first draft.  Next is Actual Submission; followed by the viva.

If I am this jumpy about getting the first draft back how on earth will I cope with a viva?!  That is another thing, I am already starting to mentally gird myself for the next steps and it is nervewracking! 

Am just a bit of a stresshead, in a couple of days I will have relaxed and be happily pottering :)

x J 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Numpty said...

please don't leave comments with random links to your site/spam me. Thanks.