Saturday 10 November 2012

Trying again and succeeding!

Arf, I have come back.

DB took Bean out about an hour or so ago so I could try working and it has worked!  Am working away, it makes such a difference trying to work ALONE, without hearing Bean downstairs playing up because he is bored (fair enough), feeling that I should go down and parent him, and feeling guilty because DB is grumping about.

I have decided to start from scratch and have taken my original 14000 word (!) lit review and am now taking out of it what I want for the lit review.  I will then edit it (delete, delete) and it will fit in beautifully, meaningfully and succinctly at 4000 words.  Whatever I have left I shall look through and see if I want to take it into another chapter (which I have spotted I do already).  I will not be making up a new chapter!  This will save me such a headache of planning and structuring a new chapter, editig and getting enough words in and then making sure it all fits into the thesis, relates to my argument and theory etc etc when really it is very conceptual info... Sup said it would be fine to have a couple of really big chapters (with all this new info in) so will just go with that.

So that is a lot of decision making done.  hurray.

Hope to have this all sorted by the end of tomorrow.  Should be quite straightforward I hope!

x J

No comments: