Sunday 4 November 2012

No Chapter is Safe

Oh. 

I just did a wee bit of carving of the third, as yet untouched 'model' empirical chapter...  I am a bit frightened about this!  And a bit excited?!  No, just frightened.

I was really stuck on my first empirical chapter (the very newly made-up one) and just knew that there was at least a paragraph, if not a whole section in the third chapter that was relevant...  and in the end I decided just to have a look...  and it turns out it is rather useful...  and was 1000 words...  so I took it.  Ooh!  and Eeek!  I now have to find about 600 words for that chapter but that should be ok, it is very analytical so think I can take some from the rubbish discussion chapter.  And it still neatly fit together, as if that section was never there...  And it means that this other chapter is nearly finished...  no more scrabbling around for something to write (thank goodness).

But now I know I have fiddled with it that means it is Tainted and that I will have to proof read it properly before handing in my first draft.  Boo and bugger.

I could be so addled with boredom, desperation, a need for a wee and to watch tv that I have just spliced away and not really checked that it does work...  (I think it does).

Anyway, it goes to show how the lines between chapters are blurring into a 'thesis' and no chapter is safe from my meddling.  I don't know if this is a sign of madness or progress!

Back tomorrow around 6pm.  Arf.

x J

No comments: