Sunday 11 November 2012

Back again for an hour

Went off after some time to take Bean to a soft play place as we have hardly been together as a family for weeks...  and it was shut!

So am back home and working again while he helps DB clean the car :)

Am finding my new status of editing and drawing everything together very weird.  Am really frightened to actually do anything!  I know that I need to chop up my discussion chapter into a conclusion chapter and that there are (hopefully) a few few thousand words I can pilfer and should go into the analyses in the actual chapters but I am too scared to start moving them!  This means I will need to start saving copies upon copies of chapters in case I carve them up/add stuff and it is wrong!  And I will have ruined all that work!  And I will need to hold all seven chapters in my head at the same time, and fluently move between each one and know instincively 'ah, that should be in that chapter, and go in just after I make that point', which is quite a lot of concentrating.

It is a case of having lots of balls in the air...  and I have to get up the guts to chuck the first one and get them all going...  but what if I am interrupted and I drop them all?  And forget where i was with what bit...  I suppose, really, nothing bad will happen.

Oof.  I don't know what I am so worried about; it has to be done!  It is a GOOD thing, a sign of progress...  but each chapter has been so lovingly crafted and revised... 

I feel like I need to go out with a PhD friend and have a good chat and a good pint!  Sadly a)  am preggo; b) I am a mum with duties; and c) all my PhD friends have graduated or are living away! 

Am procrastinating.  I need courage, my hot chocolate and to just bloody well dive in and get messy :)

x J

No comments: