Wednesday 14 November 2012

But it's ok!

I have worked my butt off today :)

My eyes smart, my fingers ache, my shoulders hurt and my back is all hunched over.  I think this is how it is for the last few days of sorting out your PhD :)

I have added about 4000 words onto this chapter, it now stands at 13000 words long!  I did try and make it two chapters but it doesn't work, the second chapter is kind of 'floating' and needs to be inked to the first bit as a hook for the analysis.  So i am going to see if I can have one super big chapter, or if Sup can see how it can be made into two.  he was fine about having a couple of 12/13000 word chapters the other day, so will keep it as is for now.  It all depends on how many other words I add to it!  I still have a quarter of it left to go!

Anyway.  It does mean that I will go to my hospt appt (for the miscarriages and this baby) tomorrow, as I was going to cancel to work.  But if I am not writing another chapter, and I am working tonight, then I hope to get this bit finished... and *maybe* kind of relax a bit tomorrow (well, do hosp stuff and tinker).  Would be nice to do something not so intense, even if it is writing but writing sections for the intro that shouldn't be longer than 300 words!

DB has said he can take Friday off if it will help me.  It would REALLY help me :)  It is all about momentum atm, and the fact that this is all in my head, all the little points, all the threads and I can't play well with Bean when i am trying not to let it all fall out!

Must work, doing Bean's bedtime at half six, then will be back here about 6.50 until about 8.30/9pm or I have finished. 

I really hope to get this chapter finished!  AND i have added 4000 words in the last two days (woah!) which means I should reach my word count of 80,000 words now :) :) :)  And means I don't need to add ANY MORE WORDS.

x J

No comments: