Tuesday 20 November 2012

Nearly there and flagging

Oh how can this happen?!

I am so nearly there.  I have one tricky, thoughtful section to write left, in the WHOLE PhD and I.  Just.  Can't.  I feel like an unfit marathon runner seeing that final 500 metre stretch and just thinking, oh, no,  I can't do ANY MORE.  But of course you can...  You must!

So I am going to leave the comp for the first time today, properly (had lunch at the laptop again) and have a bath.  I then shall return and start adding text to this 'implications of the research' section which, sadly will need to draw from lots of refs again and I am sick of it.  UG.  I think the 'more speed less haste' cliche may come in here.

I have structured this bit anyway, and started the intros to each subsection so I know what to do.  I just have to do it.  Am going to run away as I am so sick of the whole thing, and try and get some perspective.  the problem is that in my mind this section needs to be about 5000 words, instead of just 1000-1500 odd.  even if it is 700 it is something eh?!  Just the outline for now, so Sup can see what it is about, and I reckon once that starts flowing the rest will follow anyway.

I just wrote the last 1000 words with such speed and, dare i say it, panache that I am gutted to have to go back to slow, ref-filled typing!  I want it FINISHED!

x J

No comments: