Thursday 15 November 2012

Copy and Pastin'

So I went through my word count last night and somehow I seem to STILL have only 71000 words...

AAARRRRRGGG!  however much I write, a few thou here, a few more thou there, I ONLY get to 71000 words!  Oh to break that barrier.  Oh to get to 78000...

So I have half an hour now to start copy and psting chunks from old chapters into my new ones.  Today is a nice, chilled day.  Lots of coffee breaks, a hosp appt, maybe a sausage roll for lunch and lots of copy and pasting this aft.  No horrible hardcore editing/re-writing/re-structuring today.  I hope to copy and paste in about 5000 words though ideally i would find about 7000.  I don't think I will!  I do need to go through my empirical chapters again though and ground in the analysis in my research and the lit review; I haven't done that yet, this will probably add a thousand or so more words.  I won't have time to do that today though.

I hope DB has tomorrow off; that will be another nose to the grindstone day, writing the intro (well, editing and adding bits).  Then I only have the conclusion to do, though as another PhDer said, it might be best to laeve the concl apart from very rough until I have had some feedback about the thesis and go ahead for my arguments?!  Or is that me being lazy?!  Maybe a bit of both but it does make sense.  Can't bear the idea of working hard on another lit review/discussion/methodology style chapter that *doesn't need to be written/is written wrong*.

Anyway, better get on.  Am quite excited!  By the end of today I hope to have an idea of my word count and have the main body of the thesis complete.  Must be ruthless, add what I ened and not be afraid to mess with the edited loveliness I have created over the past few days!

x J

No comments: